Beta mailing list

Bradford Bosley

08 May, 2018 03:57 AM

I used to be on the beta mailing list but somehow am no longer. How can I be readded?

1. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 09 May, 2018 06:11 AM.

2. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 09 May, 2018 06:12 AM

3. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 09 May, 2018 06:12 AM

Hi Bradford, 

Here's the latest message regarding the PF8 beta from our developer: 

Path Finder 8 has been in the beta stage for already more than three months now. Some people have been testing it already all that time. We organised all communication with beta testers using Discord application. It's much better way to communicate with bigger community then using a classic mailing list and it's something like Skype on steroids; there's a room chat, there's A/V chat, private messaging etc. You can use it directly from a web browser, but there's also an application for macOS. The discussion with current beta testers in the "pf8-beta" room is already ongoing and thanks to the feedback I've already fixed many issues and bugs found in early betas.

You are invited to join our (Cocoatech) "server" on Discord. Just click this link (or paste it in your browser):

https://discord.gg/YFY3qEx

Once you accept the invitation and login, you'll see Path Finder icon which you can click to join our Discord "server" (see attached picture). At first, you won't have access to any of our message rooms, but once you accept the invitation I'll get notified and I'll assign you as a beta tester. From then on, you'll be able to join pf8-beta room on our server. You can quickly post your response, findings, even attach files etc and I'll get notified immediately and try to respond as quickly as possible. I'm also open for all your questions and ready to explain in details why we do things with PF8 like we do. I hope other beta testers, already familiar with PF8, will do the same.

Please click the link above to accept invitation. If you know anyone else who'd like to join PF8 beta testing just give them the link. It's not set to expire and there are no limitations in joining: whoever accepts the invitation will be added as the beta tester.

Please make sure to read the README.txt before starting to test. You can find it in the pinned message (see pinned icon at the top of the window once you're in the pf8-beta room). It contains some beta testing introduction notes. Please read it before you download and start using PF8, as I think it could save you and me some time asking and responding to some questions already explained there.

The download link to the PF8 builds beta is also posted in the pinned message in the pf8-beta room, but I'll post it here as well:

https://get.cocoatech.com/PF8_BETA.zip

You can also use Check for Updates… to get the latest beta build, just like you do in regular PF to update to the latest version.

Thanks again and "see" you on Discord. I'm awaiting your acceptance of the invitation.

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

4. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 09 May, 2018 06:12 AM.

5. Bradford Bosley re-opened this discussion on 02 Jun, 2018 02:16 AM

6. 2 Posted by Bradford Bosley on 02 Jun, 2018 02:16 AM

I tried the link but it says the invitation is invalid.

7. 3 Posted by Tom on 03 Jun, 2018 02:55 PM

Beta phase is over and the Discord group has been discontinued.

8. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 03 Jun, 2018 07:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac