Why does my tab bar turn black?

laterisinglark

13 Apr, 2018 01:48 PM

Can someone please explain why my tab bar at the very top of Pathfinder frequently goes black? I cannot replicate the problem, it occurs randomly, but looks very unsightly when it happens, and I can hardly read the tab name behind the black. I cannot attach a screen grab here, because the tab bar goes back to normal when I try and capture it!

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

1. 1 Posted by laterisinglark on 13 Apr, 2018 01:53 PM

I should have said that I am using Pathfinder 7.6.2 on a Mac running 10.13.4.

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 14 Apr, 2018 01:20 PM.

3. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 14 Apr, 2018 01:22 PM

4. Support Staff 2 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 14 Apr, 2018 01:22 PM

Hi, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

May I ask you, has it always been like this? Or perhaps started happening at some point? 
    Also, a screenshot would indeed be useful. Maybe a photo on external camera will work? 

Looking forward to your reply. 

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 14 Apr, 2018 01:22 PM.

6. laterisinglark re-opened this discussion on 14 Apr, 2018 01:34 PM

7. 3 Posted by laterisinglark on 14 Apr, 2018 01:34 PM

Hi there, thanks for your reply. The problem has actually been happening for several months. It is annoying, but I didn't do anything about it because I couldn't find any help in the discussions pages. I mentioned it to my son, who said he has also experienced it. Unfortunately he couldn't locate the thread in the discussions which he had found which might have helped me. Eventually I got so fed up I thought I'd seek your help.

I have just tried for some time to replicate the problem and eventually it happened when I clicked off the Pathfinder window into another application, and then clicked back on to it. The black line appeared when it hadn't been there previously. Then I clicked back off to another application and when I returned to Pathfinder it had disappeared again.

I've taken two 'before' and 'after' photos for you. Many thanks.

8. Support Staff 4 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 14 Apr, 2018 04:46 PM

Hi, 

Is there any chance that you've updated your macOS without reinstalling PathFinder at some point? 

Looking forward to your reply. 

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

9. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 14 Apr, 2018 04:46 PM.

10. laterisinglark re-opened this discussion on 15 Apr, 2018 04:07 PM

11. 5 Posted by laterisinglark on 15 Apr, 2018 04:07 PM

Hi, thank you for this. I deleted Path Finder and all associated files (as instructed on your website at http://support.cocoatech.com/kb/installation-and-compatibility/how-...), then re-started my Mac, installed a fresh version from your website and carried on using it. Sadly, the problem has reoccurred.

I'm working on an almost brand new iMac Pro with the latest version of Mac OS and the latest version of Path Finder.

I do hope you have some more suggestions for me to help get rid of this annoying black tab bar! Many thanks.

12. Support Staff 6 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 15 Apr, 2018 04:27 PM

Hi,

In such case, may I suggest waiting for the new version of PathFinder? 
    It's currently on the stage of beta-testing, should be released within 2-3 weeks. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

13. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 15 Apr, 2018 04:27 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac