PathFinder stealing focus in Sierra

Colin Domoney

14 Jan, 2018 11:49 AM

Hi - tabbing between various apps on Sierra always leaves PathFinder stealing focus (its menu appears on the bar, rather than the target window). This has been report numerous times here over a year ago and is easily reproducible. A fix has been promised but nothing has happened. For someone who works via the keyboard to optimised speed this is a serious bug ie. I have to click at the window I want with the mouse. I end up closing PathFinder, the next step is to uninstall it if it's not going to be fixed, and look for something else. Please guys, can I get a decent response?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 14 Jan, 2018 04:55 PM

Hi Colin,

Unfortunately, this issue turned out to be quite challenging to fix. 
    This is the weakest side of complex apps, such as PathFinder, to locate and fix a bug. 

I'm not familiar with the developers' current workflow but I assume that you should expect changes in April. 
    New, re-written from a scratch version of PathFinder is scheduled to release in April, but this can change. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 14 Jan, 2018 04:55 PM.

3. Colin Domoney re-opened this discussion on 08 Mar, 2018 12:00 PM

4. 2 Posted by Colin Domoney on 08 Mar, 2018 12:00 PM

Hi

I forgot to reply to this e-mail when I received it, thanks for the response. I appreciate there are complexities associated with this but for my experience as a developer doing ‘keyboard centric’ work the continual loss of keyboard focus to PF is a show stopper for me and I find I have to quit PF completely and use Finder.

There are numerous complaints about this on the forums, for e.g.:
    http://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/40484-window-focus-and-keyboard-navigation <http://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/40484-window-focus-and-keyboard-navigation>

Please could you provide an update on the new release of PF so I can decide whether I wish to wait, or seek an alternative?

Cheers,
    Colin

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 08 Mar, 2018 12:23 PM

Hi Colin, 

As I've mentioned, the new version is currently scheduled for the end of April. 

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 08 Mar, 2018 12:23 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac