Falling back to 7.4.1

a14th

11 Jan, 2018 04:38 PM

I've seen a few folks falling back to 7.4.1 and then encountering other random issues, myself included. Instructions have been to download the 7.4.1 zip from the dropbox and then install using unzip into /Applications or ~/Applications. I believe the instructions are missing two critical steps:

1. Ignore the __MACOSX directory that is also created. You can remove it after the unzip is complete.

2. Remove the Apple quarantine: the quarantine is in effect but is not removed by unzip. From instructions elsewhere --

Please follow the instruction and check if the issue still persists:

Open your terminal and paste the following command to check if Path Finder has been slapped with the quarantined extended attribute:
xattr /Applications/"Path Finder.app"

If you see com.apple.quarantine returned as output from that last command, then go ahead and run this next command:
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/"Path Finder.app"

You won't get any feedback or output from that command, but that's okay because you can just run the first command again to see for yourself if the com.apple.quarantine attribute shows up again. It shouldn't, and now Path Finder is freed from Apple quarantine jail. Restart your PathFinder now.

Hope this helps.

1. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 11 Jan, 2018 04:54 PM.

2. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 11 Jan, 2018 04:54 PM

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac