Icon view coming up empty

11 Jan, 2018 02:35 AM

I have Dropbox synced to a camera uploads folder. There are 4320 items in it, all photos and videos. They appear in column view but not in icon view. Or I've been able to get them to appear and when I try to change the sort order they all vanish from view. I've also see where the whole window goes away and whatever is behind it (different app) is showing through where the icon view should be. The icon view is also showing "0 items" at the bottom of the window in icon view. It works fine when viewing other folders with fewer files. Sometimes the files will eventually appear after several minutes, other times they seem to never come up. I'm on a late 2013 MBP, 16GB RAM.
The attached image is showing the browser behind PathFinder showing through what should be the icon view of my images.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 11 Jan, 2018 03:59 PM

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

Unfortunately, this is a known issue of PathFinder window being transparent. 
    Could you please specify, does this happen only with your Dropbox Folder? 

Also, please follow the instruction and check if the issue still persists: 

1. Open your terminal and paste the following command to check if Path Finder has been slapped with the quarantined extended attribute:
      xattr /Applications/"Path Finder.app"

2. If you see com.apple.quarantine returned as output from that last command, then go ahead and run this next command:
      xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/"Path Finder.app"

You won't get any feedback or output from that command, but that's okay because you can just run the first command again to see for yourself if the com.apple.quarantine attribute shows up again. It shouldn't, and now Path Finder is freed from Apple quarantine jail. Restart your PathFinder now. 

Let me know how it goes.

Best Regards,
    Path Finder Support Team 

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 11 Jan, 2018 03:59 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac