Dual Browser - browser width changes

sparehed

31 Dec, 2017 01:00 PM

Hi -

I'm sure this has been tackled in the past, but i have the following issue. I use Pathfinder (7.6.2) on a 2017 27-inch iMac (High Sierra 10.13.1) with display settings to scaled / more space.

Every time i click an item in the right browser (a file, a folder, a device), the border dividing the two browsers shifts to the left, until there's only a little slither of the left hand browser.

I noticed that this can be cured by ticking off the Browser / Use Separate Shelf Panes For Dual Browser" preference. However, this just renders both "preview" panes identical, which is not very useful in dual browser setting.

Please look into this. I often use Pathfinder to quickly compare photos, and this is quite a nuisance.

thanks, and a happy new year to you.

w

1. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 03 Jan, 2018 06:06 PM.

2. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 03 Jan, 2018 06:08 PM

3. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 03 Jan, 2018 06:08 PM

Hi, 

Happy New Year!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. You are right, this has been discussed at some point. 
    I am forwarding your message to our developers as a reminder of this issue. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

4. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 03 Jan, 2018 06:08 PM.

5. sparehed re-opened this discussion on 13 Jan, 2018 12:11 PM

6. 2 Posted by sparehed on 13 Jan, 2018 12:11 PM

Hi -

i noticed that there seems to be a certain position of the dividing bar between the two panels that "locks" the bar. When you drag the bar left and right, it "hesitates" for a moment when it's locked in that position. When it's there (near 700 pixels), it does not move.

It would be swell if it also remained "locked" at any other position.

hope this helps.

7. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 13 Jan, 2018 05:01 PM

Hi, 

Thank you for providing us with additional details. It surely helps. 

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

8. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 13 Jan, 2018 05:01 PM.

9. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 13 Jan, 2018 05:01 PM

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac