Path Finder and High Sierra

Brad Shelton

04 Sep, 2017 05:21 PM

I know the High Sierra issue has been addressed. I am a loyal Path Finder user for years because no other Mac file manager comes close.

With that being said, I am concerned about Path Finder being ready for the release date. We are at Beta 9 presently on High Sierra. GM should be coming shortly, the Apple event is in 8 days and the Public release could be available as early as next Tuesday. The beta has been out for almost 3 months now and that would seem like plenty of time for Path Finder to ready. At least have a public beta for HS developers and Public Beta users to be working out the bugs.

I use 4 Mac desktops and a MacBook Pro on a daily basis. I have held off upgrading the majority just because of Path Finder. The Beta has been extremely stable since day 1 (surprisingly) and all of my applications work fine (including other file managers Forklift, Total Finder, Commander Pro). But again, they don't compare to Path Finder.

Also, I can't find where Path Finder has been updated to use Airmail 3 as am email client. Another great Apple alternative program.

Would also like to see Google Drive integration like DropBox.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by gurnxjunk on 26 Sep, 2017 02:47 PM

mkridel: launch system preferences/'users and groups'- what does it list on the left column? FWIW I have 2 accounts: an Administrator account and Standard account. I use the Standard account 99% of the time. This article spells out the benefits and procedure: https://www.cnet.com/news/improve-your-macs-security-by-running-a-s...

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 26 Sep, 2017 05:05 PM.

3. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 26 Sep, 2017 05:06 PM

4. Support Staff 32 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 26 Sep, 2017 05:06 PM

Hi all, 

Thanks for letting us know how it goes! 

PF 7.5 doesn't install 7.6 since 7.6 is in the beta branch right now.  
    You should be able to install it from the app by holding alt/option key while clicking "Check for update..."

There are no release notes since nothing has really changed. The app was optimized for High Sierra, that's all. 

Regarding the permissions issue, if you won't be able to resolve it yourself, I'd suggest doing the following:
    1. Delete Path Finder and its traces according to the instruction:
    http://support.cocoatech.com/kb/installation-and-compatibility/how-...
    2. Copy zipped app to the Applications folder
    3. Unzip it into the Apps folder and launch

Let me know should you have any further questions. 

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 26 Sep, 2017 05:06 PM.

6. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 26 Sep, 2017 05:06 PM

7. 33 Posted by otto.st on 12 Oct, 2017 08:30 PM

Please, when you will have PF 8 ready, I want to give you my money for a more modern version and adapted to the new interfaces, and surely have a lot of improvements.

Thanks a lot for your fast answer (it's awesome), and have a nice day!

8. Support Staff 34 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 14 Oct, 2017 08:45 PM

Hi Brad, 

PathFinder 8 is planned for April since High Sierra brought issues to fix. 

Be sure to let us know should you have any further questions. 

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

9. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 14 Oct, 2017 08:45 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac