How to add AirDrop to PathFinder

kevin

02 Sep, 2017 08:18 AM

After looking through the forums I found out that PathFinder doesn't directly support Airdrop, so i figured out a work around.

I wrote a small AppleScript and saved it as an application, and then placed it in the sidebar where the normal AirDrop icon was. When you select AirDrop, it will open up the AirDrop menu in the Finder.

If anyone is interested in this workaround, below is the script, and I also uploaded the full script as an application with the icon for AirDrop.

tell application "Finder"
activate
tell application "System Events"
keystroke "r" using {shift down, command down}
end tell
end tell

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 03 Sep, 2017 04:41 PM

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for posting this, I've assigned our developer to the thread, he'll look into your recommendations, too.

Best Regards,
    Eugene,
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 03 Sep, 2017 04:41 PM.

3. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 03 Sep, 2017 05:00 PM

4. 2 Posted by Marcos on 04 Oct, 2017 12:10 AM

I too have this problem where I am unable to re-add Airdrop. Can we add this to a future setting?

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 05 Oct, 2017 07:35 AM

Hi Marcos,

Unfortunately, there isn't any public API to AirDrop. Hence, Path Finder doesn't support it (nor it ever did). We're working on implementing our custom solution for AirDrop functionality, but we can't provide any time frames, sorry.

Best Regards,
    Eugene,
    Path Finder Support Team

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 05 Oct, 2017 07:35 AM.

7. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 05 Oct, 2017 07:35 AM

8. 4 Posted by Kirby Krieger on 24 Jan, 2018 07:39 PM

There is an easy work-around using Keyboard Maestro (and surely any other scripting or similar program). ⌥⌘f opens the current selected files in Finder. ⌥⌘r (in Finder) opens AirDrop (but doesn't populate it). The Keyboard Maestro macro (image attached) will open an AirDrop window with the currently-selected-in-Path-Finder files. The image used for "Found Image" is a screen-snap of the Finder "AirDrop" Toolbar icon.

9. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 25 Jan, 2018 05:08 PM.

10. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 25 Jan, 2018 05:09 PM

11. 5 Posted by Somps on 10 Dec, 2018 09:34 AM

It's been over a year since this post was started. I have to continously open finder so that I can use AirDrop, which I use all the time. I don't need a work around as Finder does it just fine. One of these days, it's going to be easy enough just to keep using Finder instead of Path Finder. I would rather that not happen. I do like Path Finder, but its a pain to keep having to jump back and forh to Finder when I could just keep using it.

12. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 10 Dec, 2018 10:46 AM.

13. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 10 Dec, 2018 10:46 AM

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• AirDrop.dmg 772 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac