Tagging A File Using Keyboard Shortcut In PathFinder

JZ

12 Aug, 2017 04:26 PM

Hello,

I have created a keyboard shortcut (control, option, T) in Finder which brings up the default tagging box in Sierra 10.12.6.

It appears that I cannot use this shortcut in PathFinder. Can I create my own or is this completely blocked? I do not want to use the Tags Groups feature. This is cumbersome and ultimately not a fast way to tag files.

Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 12 Aug, 2017 05:38 PM

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us!

You can create keyboard shortcuts in Path Finder in Path Finder > Preferences > Features > Keyboard 
    As far as I understand you, there is your desired option under Commands > Tags Groups 

Also, you can find out more about Tags Groups in Path Finder:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq1PgL7k2wM

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Steven,
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 12 Aug, 2017 05:38 PM.

3. JZ re-opened this discussion on 12 Aug, 2017 06:55 PM

4. 2 Posted by JZ on 12 Aug, 2017 06:55 PM

Thank you for your reply. This is not exactly it. I do not prefer the PathFinder "Tag Groups".

If you go to Apple Finder and for to File>Tags - you will find a box open that is to create Tags for a file. THAT is what I need to be available to me in PathFinder.

Thanks

5. 3 Posted by JZ on 13 Aug, 2017 05:31 PM

I am confused why the Path Finder Support Team closed this ticket.

The issue is not solved. If you open Finder on any Mac since Mavericks and select "Tags"from the File Menu, you get a pop up box. That is what I want. Not PathFinder's implementation of "Tag Groups".

How can I access the "Tags" feature that is available on Mac since Mavericks, within PathFinder?

Apple has embraced this tagging system and its can also be found in the new "Files" App in IOS 11.

CocoaTech, will we see this in an update?

Thanks

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 13 Aug, 2017 05:35 PM

Hi,

The forum is integrated with the CRM system and it closes tickets after each reply. Every new reply reopens it, so other users should be able to comment and subscribe to your thread regardless its status. It does not mean the issue is resolved, we're still investigating it. My colleagues will get back to you very soon.

Best Regards,
    Eugene,
    Path Finder Support Team

7. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 13 Aug, 2017 05:35 PM.

8. Jerry Z. re-opened this discussion on 16 Aug, 2017 08:34 PM

9. 5 Posted by Jerry Z. on 16 Aug, 2017 08:34 PM

BUMP!

10. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 17 Aug, 2017 05:40 AM.

11. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 17 Aug, 2017 05:42 AM

12. Support Staff 6 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 17 Aug, 2017 05:42 AM

Hi JZ,

It's unfortunately not possible to use shortcuts to open a tagging box in Path Finder because there's no such tagging box in it, we only have Labels. Tags can be assigned using the Get Info menu and a shelf module. We recognize that Finder has a better integration of tag feature for now so we'll take your request as a suggestion, the developer will consider it while working on Path Finder 8 updates.

You can either use the command-i shortcut to add tags or the Tags and Ratings (http://prntscr.com/g9hcza) shelf module which looks more convenient than Tag groups, you may want consider it as a workaround.

Best Regards,
    Eugene,
    Path Finder Support Team

13. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 17 Aug, 2017 05:42 AM.

14. Jerry Z. re-opened this discussion on 17 Aug, 2017 11:09 AM

15. 7 Posted by Jerry Z. on 17 Aug, 2017 11:09 AM

Thank you for your reply.

Neither one of these solutions is NOT more convenient:

You can either use the command-i shortcut to add tags or the Tags and Ratings (http://prntscr.com/g9hcza) shelf module which looks more convenient than Tag groups, you may want consider it as a workaround.

I use my shortcut, one single combined keystroke and then type my tags. Boom!

Hope that Pathfinder 8 adopts a system that Apple is moving forward with and is using in IOS 11 and well as the Mac Desktop since 10.9

16. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 17 Aug, 2017 11:10 AM.

17. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 17 Aug, 2017 11:10 AM

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac