PF 7.5 unusable on Mac OS 10.10

Lebostein

17 Jul, 2017 04:28 AM

Hi,

• if I start PF 7.5, then every time two instances of PF are started. If i minimize these two instances, one instance is minimized to a trash symbol on the desktop...
  • if I copy files an the "will you ovewrite?" window pops up, then PF 7.5 crashes every time....

Thanks

1. 1 Posted by Lebostein on 17 Jul, 2017 04:31 AM

at the moment every time 3 instances are generated at start!

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 17 Jul, 2017 10:32 AM.

3. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 17 Jul, 2017 10:34 AM

4. Support Staff 2 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 17 Jul, 2017 10:34 AM

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

I am sorry to hear about your issue. The 7.5 version uses new APIs to be compatible with the Sierra, that causes troubles for those who use older systems. If your Mac is running Yosemite, El Capitan or even old OS X version, please, roll back to the Path Finder 7.4.1 release, it should work fine. The 7.5 version brings almost no other changes, so please downgrade. 

Here's the link to the compatible version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lulj4yiioa3h4ig/PF_7.4.1_%281704%29.zip?dl=0

We also recommend disabling the automatic update checker in Path Finder > Preferences > General.

Sorry for the troubles. Stay tuned for updates, we're working on the new Path Finder version which arrives this fall.

Best Regards,
    Eugene,
    Path Finder Support Team

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 17 Jul, 2017 10:34 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac