Expand triangle to left of folder icon not present in some folders

Victor Warner

03 Apr, 2015 08:03 AM

For every version of Path Finder 7 (currently on 7.1.3) the expand icon to the left of some folders is not present, while being present in Finder for the same folders. I cannot determine whether particular types of folders only are affected. Where the expand triangle is not present it is not possible to expand that folder with the keyboard ( ⌥+ →, Alt + right arrow; ⌘+→, Command + right arrow). There are definitely folders and folders underneath the folders which do not show the expand triangle. A screen shot shows the same folders in Path Finder and Finder.

Using OS X 10.10.2.

Is this a problem with Path Finder or is it something in Preferences that needs a tick?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 03 Apr, 2015 09:14 PM

Hi Victor,

In order for me to best assist you could you make a screen recording of the issue and send it to us.
    To make a screen recording please follow the steps below:
    1. Launch Finder>Applications>Quick Time Player.
    2. Tray Menu>File>New Screen Recording.

I believe this info is going to help us a lot, thank you for your cooperation!

Best regards,
    Tom 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 03 Apr, 2015 09:14 PM.

3. vws re-opened this discussion on 03 Apr, 2015 11:14 PM

4. 2 Posted by vws on 03 Apr, 2015 11:14 PM

Tom,

Thank you for your email.

I have created a screen video, which shows that the particular folders I showed in my post are now showing their triangles, but I have gone into a selection of other folders, some of which are not showing their triangles.

Given the size of the video (17 megabytes) I have not attached it to this email but is available from dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11238224/path%20finder%20-%20triangle%20problem%20-%2020150404.mp4 <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11238224/path%20finder%20-%20triangle%20problem%20-%2020150404.mp4>.

Regards,

Victor Warner

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 04 Apr, 2015 12:27 AM

Hi Victor,

Could you go to View -> Arrange by -> None and let us know if it resolves your issue.

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Tom
    Path Finder Support Team

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 04 Apr, 2015 12:27 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac