Pathfinder 8 does not copy when permission is needed

rvasperen

05 Jan, 2019 01:44 PM

Hello,

When installing the latest version on Mojave i seen an old problem. Pathfinder generated a fail when permission is needed. Finder is working as aspected... but pathfinder not. Please enlight me what is going wrong.....

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 05 Jan, 2019 02:26 PM

Hi, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

Please follow the instruction and check if the issue still persists: 

1. Make sure that Path Finder is located in the Applications folder
      (in case you are using macOS Mojave) Use System Preferences > Security & Privacy > grant Full Disk Access to Path Finder

2. Open your terminal and paste the following command to check if Path Finder has been slapped with the quarantined extended attribute:
      xattr /Applications/"Path Finder.app"

3. If you see com.apple.quarantine returned as output from that last command, then go ahead and run this next command:
      xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/"Path Finder.app"

You won't get any feedback or output from that command, but that's okay because you can just run the first command again to see for yourself if the com.apple.quarantine attribute shows up again. It shouldn't, and now Path Finder is freed from Apple quarantine jail. Restart your PathFinder now. 

Don't hesitate to contact us should any questions arise. 

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team 

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 05 Jan, 2019 02:26 PM.

3. Ruud van Asperen re-opened this discussion on 05 Jan, 2019 03:05 PM

4. 2 Posted by Ruud van Aspere... on 05 Jan, 2019 03:05 PM

Hello,

Thanks for you’re fast response. I have some feedback, because it still not working as you might aspect.

1. Was already done, but checked again.
    2. Done
    3. Done
    4. Done

Something changed because now the pathfinder present with : “item is not writable (Skip, Authenticate, Stop)
    This is the behaviour that I aspected, and I then enter the requested authenticate (same as I would use with finder).
    But then ….. error.
    [cid:[email blocked]]

When I use finder it works ok.

Ruud van Asperen

On 5 Jan 2019, at 15:26, Path Finder Support Team <[email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>> wrote:

Subject: Pathfinder 8 does not copy when permission is needed

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out!

Please follow the instruction and check if the issue still persists:

1. Make sure that Path Finder is located in the Applications folder
    (in case you are using macOS Mojave) Use System Preferences > Security & Privacy > grant Full Disk Access to Path Finder

2. Open your terminal and paste the following command to check if Path Finder has been slapped with the quarantined extended attribute:
    xattr /Applications/"Path Finder.app"

3. If you see `com.apple.quarantine` returned as output from that last command, then go ahead and run this next command:
    xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/"Path Finder.app"

You won't get any feedback or output from that command, but that's okay because you can just run the first command again to see for yourself if the `com.apple.quarantine` attribute shows up again. It shouldn't, and now Path Finder is freed from Apple quarantine jail. Restart your PathFinder now.

Don't hesitate to contact us should any questions arise.

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

View this discussion at our support site online: http://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/127088-pathfinder-8-does-not-copy-when-permission-is-needed

---

To unsubscribe and stop receiving emails from http://support.cocoatech.com, visit http://support.cocoatech.com/unsubscribe/8b36060ebdae5e6d744c98f06bdfb2a6c53dfb23

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac