Broken Feature "Show Package Contents"

bwofford13

10 Nov, 2018 12:13 AM

Based on my experience, it appears the latest update to 8.3.3 has resulted in the loss of Show Package Contents, which is an important feature for me.

I am not a regular poster on support sites for any product but I did post here a couple months ago to echo the frustration of a longtime user of Path Finder. That user was expressing grave concerns about a general decline in Path Finder performance introduced with version 8 of the product. I am trying to maintain optimism going forward though I am alarmed by the increased frequency of updates. It gives the illusion of one step forward, one-half step back.

Please fix this basic feature, as it's part of my routine workflow.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 10 Nov, 2018 03:13 PM

Hi, 

Sorry to hear about this issue. 

May I ask you to provide me with the additional details, what exactly happens when you are trying to use this feature? 

Looking forward to your reply. 

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 10 Nov, 2018 03:13 PM.

3. bwofford13 re-opened this discussion on 10 Nov, 2018 07:28 PM

4. 2 Posted by bwofford13 on 10 Nov, 2018 07:28 PM

Interesting. I would have thought your first inclination would have been to execute this simple feature before asking for more details. The simple feature either does what it's supposed to do or it doesn't. Namely, showing the contents of the package, which it is not doing in this version. I don't know what else to offer in the form of details. The Mac O/S is 10.14.1 and your app version is 8.3.3. I guess I could tell you your build is 1908.

I'm also curious about your apparent practice of closing discussions before any interaction has occurred. Based on what I'm reading across various sources, it would seem Cocoatech should be engaging their loyal customers rather than dissing them, as some might interpret by premature closing of a discussion.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 10 Nov, 2018 10:35 PM

Hi,

I wasn't able to reproduce this issue, that's why I'm asking. 
    May I ask you to follow the instruction and check if the issue still persists: 

1. Delete Path Finder and its traces according to the article: 
      http://support.cocoatech.com/kb/installation-and-compatibility/how-...
    2. Download the latest version of the app from our site
    3. Launch Path Finder and move it to the Apps folder as the app suggests

The forum is integrated with our CRM system and it automatically closes tickets after each reply.
    Every new reply reopens it, so other users should be able to comment and subscribe to your thread regardless of its status. 

Looking forward to your reply. 

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 10 Nov, 2018 10:35 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac