Granting Full Disk Access and checking for Quarantine should be standard procedure.

boreham

09 Nov, 2018 01:34 PM

I have just installed PF8 on both my Macs and not noticed any particular problems so far (except high CPU for first 15 hours or so) but saw this thread:

http://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/120963-missing-fi...

I was surprised when I installed PF8 that there was no prompt to grant full disk access to PF, so have done so.

I also checked my Macs for the quarantine attribute as in the above thread. One of my Macs returned the quarantined attribute and the other didn't. I cleared the attribute with the instruction in that thread.

Surely these two things need to be part of the standard install procedure. Many (most) people are going to have problems like in the above thread because they have not granted full disk access or because they are quarantined, or both?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 09 Nov, 2018 03:30 PM

Hi Mike,

It really depends on the specifications. 
    For some users, it doesn't present any issues, for others it does. 
    Thank you for your feedback, our developers will surely consider this option. 

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 09 Nov, 2018 03:30 PM.

3. boreham re-opened this discussion on 09 Nov, 2018 05:21 PM

4. 2 Posted by boreham on 09 Nov, 2018 05:21 PM

Hmmm. There must be a lot of PF users running the current macOS (10.14.1) on 2017 iMacs and 2017 MBPs like mine, so whatever spec differences it depends on, a lot of people are likely to be potentially affected.

Many apps do prompt the user to give Full Disk Access so I would have thought PF would do. The quarantine attribute is more obscure but 50% of my Macs were affected!

5. 3 Posted by pixeljammer on 09 Nov, 2018 10:00 PM

It does seem to make sense to ask for access and fix the quarantine if it's not just edge-case users. Otherwise your support calls go way up.

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 10 Nov, 2018 03:00 PM.

7. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 10 Nov, 2018 03:02 PM

8. Support Staff 4 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 10 Nov, 2018 03:02 PM

Hi, 

Your suggestion makes perfect sense and we are investigating options to implement it. 

Thank you for the feedback! Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

9. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 10 Nov, 2018 03:02 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac