In the old days of Pathfinder 7...

vez

08 Nov, 2018 04:38 PM

i can remember at least 2 things that are gone and were very useful :

1 - when we doubleclicked a .dmg, we could move directly the files from the sidebar to wherever we wanted, in any folder. Now we can't do that and have to go in the "apple menu" of the computer to do that ! Can you fix that please ?

2 - when we did 2 successive clicks (not a double click !) on a file or folder it would underline it right away and we could thus change the name. No we have to click the file and the push the "Enter" key to do that, and it's a loss of reactivity ! Can you fix that please ?

Best regards

1. 1 Posted by David Martin on 08 Nov, 2018 04:46 PM

I cannot comment on your first observation, as I've never used that functionality. However, I perform renaming all the time with PF8.2 as I always have and as you describe: two (2) successive clicks and I can type away. When completed, I hit the 'Enter' key.

What version of PF8 are you using that no longer provides this behavior?

2. 2 Posted by vez on 08 Nov, 2018 05:13 PM

Presently 8.3, but it was the same with 8.2 and if i remember well with 8.1.

Please note that my remark is a statistic remark... meaning sometimes it might work with 2 successive clicks, but most of the time it doesn't and i then have to use the Enter key to underline the name of the file

3. 3 Posted by David Martin on 08 Nov, 2018 05:31 PM

Okay, now I understand. Funny, because I can't recall ever having to go the 'Enter' key route to make renaming work. I would expect that some of it could be due to the settings of the mouse (click- and tracking-speed) in the Apple preferences.

I had noticed a tendency under Mojave to reacting to the two (2) successive mouse clicks as a double click and opening the file. I had to adjust the mouse as mentioned above to fix this.

I also see a tendency of PF8.2 to react very slowly to the successive mouse clicks. (I can't speak to PF8.3 as that release is so bug-infested I stayed far, far away from it.

4. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 09 Nov, 2018 12:23 PM.

5. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 09 Nov, 2018 12:24 PM

6. 4 Posted by tmatsoukas on 09 Nov, 2018 05:58 PM

"Now we have to click the file and the push the "Enter" key to do that"

My experience is that some times I have to hot enter and other times I don't. It's as if PF takes too long to acknowledge the two clicks some times.

Same with file preview is column view -- they take too long to update.

7. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 10 Nov, 2018 02:49 PM.

8. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 10 Nov, 2018 02:49 PM

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac