Rights issue

frough46

06 Nov, 2018 04:12 AM

I stumbled across a lot of permissions problems and size issues, as I moved and copied information between partitions and rearranged. I have to use plugin built in terminal and use sudo command a lot. It would be ideal if I could have super-integrate users rights somehow, by mouse click or by logging into a framework (ie superuser path). I responded as well as the Finder seemed to work fine but as soon as I used the dual pf browser I got permission denied. Im a single user on my own laptop and i have arranged to get full permission besides the obvious security concerns about "rootless". The issue is not due to a "locked" file, but I'm basically not getting a popup window that normally requires my password when working on system files. Let's integrate this better.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 07 Nov, 2018 10:33 AM

Hi,

Have you tried following the instructions below: 

1. Make sure that Path Finder is located in the Applications folder
      (in case you are using macOS Mojave) Use System Preferences > Security & Privacy > grant Full Disk Access to Path Finder

2. Open your terminal and paste the following command to check if Path Finder has been slapped with the quarantined extended attribute:

xattr /Applications/"Path Finder.app"

1. If you see com.apple.quarantine returned as output from that last command, then go ahead and run this next command:

xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/"Path Finder.app"

You won't get any feedback or output from that command, but that's okay because you can just run the first command again to see for yourself if the com.apple.quarantine attribute shows up again. It shouldn't, and now Path Finder is freed from Apple quarantine jail. Restart your PathFinder now. 

Don't hesitate to contact us should any questions arise. 

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team 

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 07 Nov, 2018 10:33 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac