Pathfinder stays in front at all times

Jennifer Falk

04 Nov, 2018 12:20 PM

The only way I can do anything on my desktop if Pathfinder is open is to actually hide it. If it is open, it stays on top of all other windows. If I make the Pathfinder window smaller, in hopes of dragging something else over it in the corner of the screen, it stays on top, and I can only see the snippet of the other window underneath. I reallly like Pathfinder but this makes it more of a pain than a tool. Have I clicked something that I shouldn't have? Is it a bug? Please inform.

1. 1 Posted by cocoatech-cuwac... on 04 Nov, 2018 06:50 PM

Same issue. I'm on High Sierra 10.13.6 and Path Finder 8.3.3 (1908).

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 04 Nov, 2018 07:13 PM.

3. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 04 Nov, 2018 07:15 PM

4. Support Staff 2 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 04 Nov, 2018 07:15 PM

Hi, 

Thanks for reporting this issue!

We've already submitted it to our developers, sorry for the inconvenience. 

Make sure to let us know should any further questions arise. 

Best Regards, 
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team 

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 04 Nov, 2018 07:15 PM.

6. Jennifer Falk re-opened this discussion on 06 Nov, 2018 06:55 PM

7. 3 Posted by Jennifer Falk on 06 Nov, 2018 06:55 PM

My free trial is coming to an end soon. As I said above, I like PathFinder quite a bit. But working with an application that will get out of the way only by clicking "hide" is not a feasible part of my workflow. I really don't know if I can purchase a program that is such a pain (even if all the rest is really quite good). I'd suggest extending your free trial period until you have these quite serious bugs out of the way. This particular bug is one I might expect in a $4 dollar app for my phone (although I have to say I never have had that problem) or a BETA version. To me what you're offering is BETA and you should be collecting feedback in order to make a true release you can be proud of.

Consider extending the free trial. For me anyway, it might make the difference between staying with Pathfinder or going back to ForkLift, which, by the way, I have nothing against, I just kinda liked Pathfinder better -- that is a Pathfinder that works like a professional program.

Jennifer Falk

8. Support Staff 4 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 07 Nov, 2018 02:49 PM

Hi Jennifer,

Unfortunately, there is simply no technical option for us to extend your trial. 
    I will make sure to ping our developers regarding this issue once again, sorry for the inconvenience. 

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

9. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 07 Nov, 2018 02:49 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac