Pathfinder Doesn't Save New Browser and Modules settings!!! new windows open WITHOUT MODULES !!!!

afcdmc

09 Oct, 2018 01:27 PM

Hi, I am very Frustrated with PF8!!! every couple of days when I click in an Icon on the desktop or do a new Browser from the File Menu I get a Window with NO MODULES!!!! I even saved a new Browser with a new and still the same problem!!!! I also saved the modules individually and when I tried to restore there's no saved name!!!! IT IS GETTING VERY FRUSTRATING TO OPEN A WINDOW AND HAVE TO REDO ALL THE MODULES!! EVEN WHEN I HAVE A SAVED BROWSER!!! at this point PF8 is very unstable for my workflow at the point of UNUSABLE!! I will have to go back to PF7 or look for another replacement!!!! I even erase PF8 COMPLETLY as with the Appcleaner app and Reinstalled!!! and I got the same!! NO SAVED MODULES!!!! I am on High Sierra 10.13.6 I also did the Quarantine thing with terminal!!! so need to post that solution!!! Do anyone have an explanation or a solution??? If not CocoaTech have just lost a customer since PF5!!! I Hope that somebody can address this PROBLEM!!!! By the way, I also have a MacBook Pro and I have the PROBLEM!!! so it not specifically to this Machine!!!! It is a PF8 Problem!!!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 10 Oct, 2018 11:26 AM

Hi, 

Just to be clear, Path Finder is supposed to save your browser and sidebar by default. 
    In case it doesn't, it means that something is wrong and it's necessary to run further troubleshooting. 

Please follow the instruction and check if the issue still persists: 

1. Make sure that Path Finder is located in the Applications folder
      (in case you are using macOS Mojave) Use System Preferences > Security & Privacy > grant Full Disk Access to Path Finder

2. Open your terminal and paste the following command to check if Path Finder has been slapped with the quarantined extended attribute:
      xattr /Applications/"Path Finder.app"

3. If you see com.apple.quarantine returned as output from that last command, then go ahead and run this next command:
      xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/"Path Finder.app"

You won't get any feedback or output from that command, but that's okay because you can just run the first command again to see for yourself if the com.apple.quarantine attribute shows up again. It shouldn't, and now Path Finder is freed from Apple quarantine jail. Restart your PathFinder now. 

Don't hesitate to contact us should any questions arise. 

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team 

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 10 Oct, 2018 11:26 AM.

3. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 12 Oct, 2018 06:13 AM

4. 2 Posted by afcdmc on 14 Oct, 2018 02:54 PM

Hi, I did the Quarantine thing as mentioned in the post and still getting the problem!!! Here are some screenshots of the problem I am having!! https://cl.ly/fa6fb90be3e7 https://cl.ly/93a4e9b6d707 https://cl.ly/b97049121368 IF I quit PF8 and reopen it then it returned as the saved layout but sometimes with missing panels!! As I mentioned in the post I have RE-INSTALLED PF8 and deleted everything from the previous install and still getting the error!! I encounter the Problem in both my Mac Pro and MacBook Pro Running Sierra 10.12.6 and the Mac Pro Running High Sierra 10.13.1 Can Anyone AT LEAST CONFIRM THAT THERS IS A PROBLEM!!! AN NO!!! PF IS NOT IN QUARANTINE !!! PF has been very unreliable to say the least!!!

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 14 Oct, 2018 04:26 PM

Hi, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

If you refer to the blank window instead of Path Finder starting, it's usually fixed by cleaning up preferences files which you've tried by now. Below are the instructions should you decide to give it another shot: 

1. Delete Path Finder and its traces according to the article: 
      http://support.cocoatech.com/kb/installation-and-compatibility/how-...
    2. Download the latest version of the app from our site
    3. Launch Path Finder and move it to the Apps folder as the app suggests

And for some of users Path Finder is unable to save modules, too. 
    Though this issue is a quite rare one. 

Our developers will get back to these irregularities as soon as they are done dealing with bigger issues. 

Best Regards, 
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team 

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 14 Oct, 2018 04:26 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac