PathFinder 8 incompatible with Mojave's new "Stacks" feature

bkozak

08 Oct, 2018 09:10 PM

I just installed the upgrade to Mojave. Afterwards, I started to check out the new features in the OS, one of which is "stacks" - a way to consolidate effluvia on your desktop. The stacks feature controlled in the View menu of Finder. I opened Finder and went to the View menu - no "Stacks" at all. I tried rebooting. No luck. In safe mode, however, Stacks appeared in the Finder/View dropdown menu. I turned the feature on, and rebooted into the default mode. Once again. Stacks was missing. After a call to Apple support, we determined that Stacks quite literally disappears and the desktop resets when Pathfinder loads. Interestingly, the minute I kill Pathfinder, Stacks loads. Pretty obvious that Stacks and Pathfinder do not play well with each other. I'm hoping you're already aware of this and working on a fix. If not, please add this to your "A" bug list.

1. 1 Posted by stu.farnham on 10 Oct, 2018 01:43 AM

Hi,

I have stacks working fine with PF8.2.4. All the settings in the finder tab of PF preferences are unchecked.

Stu

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 10 Oct, 2018 08:35 AM.

3. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 10 Oct, 2018 08:36 AM

4. Support Staff 2 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 10 Oct, 2018 08:36 AM

Hi Brad,

Looks like you have enabled Path Finder Desktop which does not have Mojave's Stack so far. 

In order to fix this, you can follow the instructions below: 
    1. Path Finder > Preferences > Finder > uncheck "Hide Finder's Desktop" 
    2. Path Finder > Preferences > Features > Desktop > uncheck "Show Path Finder Desktop"

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 10 Oct, 2018 08:36 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac