Certificate Issues

Mike Price

17 Aug, 2018 10:53 AM

I realize that both of these issues have been reported to the Cocoatech developers, but I wanted to reiterate the post made by Ingo on August 12th as I observe the same issues. Actually, I have has the nmblookup issue with certificate used for all of the v8 versions.
Hopefully in letting you know that more people have these issues, will escalate the priority of publishing a fix......and (IMHO) the website cert should be fixed TODAY !! Going to the support site and being presented with a "this site may not be secure and somebody may be impersonating support.cocoatech.com", does not make Cocoatech look very good (or competent).

Since there is no need to re-invent the wheel here. Ingo did a great job of that, I am simply gong to repost (and add an attachment showing the error).

Ingo
Aug 12, 2018 @ 08:05 AM
Hey there, I updated to PF 8.1. Afterwards little snitch blocked the samba connection pathfinder tried to open, because of a wrong code signature in /Applications/Path Finder.app/Contents/Frameworks/PathFinderNetwork.framework/Versions/A/Helpers/nmblookup

Then, when I tried to open https://support.cocoatech.com I run into a certificate error, since your certificate shows the wrong Domain Name.

Please explain what is going on there. I am in general a happy and more than once paying customer, but fishy TLS certificates and code signatures are not acceptable in 2018 anymore.

1. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 17 Aug, 2018 02:08 PM.

2. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 17 Aug, 2018 02:08 PM

3. 1 Posted by mark on 18 Aug, 2018 02:57 PM

I'm seeing this on https://support.cocaotech.com/ in Chrome.

The invalid certificate belongs to tenderapp - who as far as I can see are the support-software providers, which presumably means they develop/ host/ maintain/ staff this support forum for Cocoatech,

Agree with the points above. We're using PF to handle all kinds of local and remote server traffic, running terminal from it, etc etc. If the File Manager and its Developers' support site have invalid certificates this doesn't fill me with confidence in the rigour of the dev/commit methodology behind the current incarnation of the product.

4. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 18 Aug, 2018 03:40 PM.

5. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 18 Aug, 2018 03:40 PM

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• LittleSnitch_PathfinderError.png 258 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac