Sidebar often opens in right pane even when left pane is in focus

Erik

14 Aug, 2018 08:46 AM

Hi!

I have had an issue ever since Path Finder 8 where I open Path Finder and click on the left pane to give it focus, but then when I click an item in the sidebar, it still opens in the right pane. I have made sure to select "Both" under "Assigned to pane" in the sidebar settings (which btw has some fun translation issues).

It doesn't always happen, but it often happens when I open a Path Finder window when there hasn't been any PF windows open for a while (but it's still running). I also happens from a "cold start" where Path Finder hasn't been running. Once I have had the issue once and left the window open, it tends to work as expected again.

It's kinda annoying because I go though the trouble to select a destination to copy to in the right pane while for example waiting for my handheld GPS to mount, and then when I select the left pane and click the GPS mass storage device it will open in the right pane, so I will have to do everything over. It's not difficult to do, but it's really annoying.

I have tried to reset Path Finder by following the guide "How do I completely uninstall Path Finder?" and then reinstalling it, making sure all preference files and caches are gone before doing so, but the issue still remains. Any ideas?

Path Finder 8.1 (1879), Mac OS 10.13.6

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 15 Aug, 2018 02:01 PM

Hi Erik, 

Thanks for reporting this issue! 

We haven't received reports of this issue so far but we will try to reproduce it. 
    Forwarding the additional details to our developers now. 

Make sure to let us know should any further questions arise. 

Best Regards, 
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team 

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 15 Aug, 2018 02:01 PM.

3. Erik re-opened this discussion on 15 Aug, 2018 10:41 PM

4. 2 Posted by Erik on 15 Aug, 2018 10:41 PM

I have some additional info to add.

When using folder synchronization, the right and left folders are switched. When I choose to update the left one, it will actually update the right pane from the left and vice versa. The weird thing is that I have the info module under each pane, and they are assigned to their respective left and right panes, and those are correct in that the right pane is the right and it's info module assigned to the right will show info when I select an item in the right pane.

I don't know whats going on, but it's weird.

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 17 Aug, 2018 12:46 PM.

6. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 17 Aug, 2018 12:46 PM

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Skärmavbild_2018-08-14_kl._10.39.34.png 65.9 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac