Using the "Tags & Ratings" module (and tags in general)

fearmore

07 Aug, 2018 05:21 PM

I'm a long-time user, and I love this app. But I am baffled about the PF 8 "Tags & Ratings" module, as well as the new way tags work and are manipulated in the interface.

I have added the "Tags" module to the left side of Path Finder. For reasons I don't understand, there are several tag names listed in this area now. I can click to easily search for files that have that tag. Great! BUT HOW DO I ADD OTHER FREQUENTLY USED TAGS TO THIS LIST?

In a related question, Path Finder used to allow renaming of a color label like "Red" in its options. I had earlier called Red "Key" (for key files). Now all of my labels are unchangeable. HOW DO I RENAME THESE OLD LABELS?

In general, the use of tags, particularly since I used them in prior versions of Path Finder, are currently a completely unintuitive and undocumented mess. We need some clarity, please.

1. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 09 Aug, 2018 02:54 PM.

2. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 09 Aug, 2018 02:55 PM

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac