Favorite shortcut on PF 8

hsharghi

14 Jun, 2018 08:08 PM

In PF7 there was a Favorites menu, which we could add some directories to it, then define a short cut to them. I don't see that in PF 8? Is it removed or just moved to someplace not-so-easy to find?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 15 Jun, 2018 03:43 PM

Hi, 

We are really sorry about this not working anymore. The API for that functionality (syncing "Favorites" and in general all those "Recent…" lists) was deprecated and abandoned a long time ago. In each new version of PF it worked worse. We tried having that as long as possible, but we cross the point at which it became a liability and not feature. It became a real pain, both in customer support and code maintenance. We don't want to make any kind of excuses here, but in this case, it's really Apple to blame. As far as we know, no other 3rd party application offers that sort of synchronization, even if they did they gave up a long time ago. We kept it as long as possible, but the burden of supporting it became just too overwhelming for the benefits it provides.

To put in brief, Favorites menu is re-designed now and doesn't work now like it used to. 

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 15 Jun, 2018 03:43 PM.

3. hsharghi re-opened this discussion on 18 Jun, 2018 08:47 AM

4. 2 Posted by hsharghi on 18 Jun, 2018 08:47 AM

Hi,

I don't want to sync anything with Finder, so there is no use for that deprecated API. I just want to be able to assign a keyboard shortcut to go to a directory. e.g show ~/MyFavorites in current pane, when I press CMD+/
    Is it possible in PF8?

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 18 Jun, 2018 02:18 PM

Hi,

For some of the folders, shortcuts can be assigned via PathFinder > Preferences > Features > Keyboard > "Go" section. 
    But, as I mentioned earlier, there are no old Favorites anymore, and, at the moment, there is no way to assign a key to any folder. 

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 18 Jun, 2018 02:18 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac