PF7 showing a two iCloud folder entries in iCloud

Fred

13 Jun, 2018 07:23 PM

This topic has been aired before but I'm none the wiser, hence this posting. When i open iCloud in PF7 7.6.2 b1729 I can see two iCloud folders, shown in first screen shot. Furthermore, when I click on either of these folders to rename them, I reveal the actual names as Desktop and Documents, respectively (screenshots 2 and 3).

Can someone please suggest a reason for this as it's most inconvenient to say the least.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 15 Jun, 2018 01:29 PM

Hi Fred,

First of all, please confirm if your iCloud drive is set up according to the article:
    http://support.cocoatech.com/kb/installation-and-compatibility/iclo...

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 15 Jun, 2018 01:29 PM.

3. Fred re-opened this discussion on 15 Jun, 2018 04:41 PM

4. 2 Posted by Fred on 15 Jun, 2018 04:41 PM

Confirmed. I'd read this prior to opening this discussion and should have said that.

5. 3 Posted by Fred on 15 Jun, 2018 04:54 PM

By the way, if I go to the ~/Library/Mobile Documents folder using Finder I can see the correct folder names (first screenshot). If I use PathFinder I see the incorrect files names as before (second screenshot).

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 15 Jun, 2018 06:24 PM.

7. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 15 Jun, 2018 06:25 PM

8. Support Staff 4 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 15 Jun, 2018 06:25 PM

Hi Fred, 

May I ask you to follow the instruction and check if the issue still persists: 

1. Delete Path Finder and its traces according to the article: 
      http://support.cocoatech.com/kb/installation-and-compatibility/how-...
    2. Download the latest version of the app from our site
    3. Copy zipped app to the Applications folder
    4. Unzip it into the Apps folder and launch

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Regards, 
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team 

9. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 15 Jun, 2018 06:25 PM.

10. Fred re-opened this discussion on 16 Jun, 2018 10:11 AM

11. 5 Posted by Fred on 16 Jun, 2018 10:11 AM

I've followed instructions for deleting PathFinder from the link in the previous posting. I took screenshots of all settings and ensured the fresh installation was set up exactly as the original. When I navigated to iCloud I saw the same double entry for that's proved so infuriating - no Documents or Desktop folders but attempting to rename iCloud revealed Documents or Desktop as previously mentioned.

I then used AppCleaner to remove PF7, as advised from the link above, downloaded PF8 and installed. The first thing I noticed is I only have 8 days trial left? and the second is show in the screen shot attachment below - the number of files shown in PF8 (left window) is far less than Finder (right window). And yes, the two iCloud entires persist in PF8 as well.

I want to support smaller s/w developers such as CocoaTech but I can't find any reason to upgrade to the new version at this moment in time because of this persistent error.

12. Support Staff 6 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 16 Jun, 2018 03:57 PM

Hi Fred,

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

We will investigate available APIs for those services and possibilities to integrate them into PathFinder, but that will take some time.
    Also, it's rather expected we wouldn't be able to achieve full functionality like working with the native application, as APIs these companies provide don't offer the full functionality of native applications.

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

13. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 16 Jun, 2018 03:57 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac