pathfinder 8

mmm

02 Jun, 2018 11:32 PM

I hate the new pathfinder module system, i understand you wanted to revamp but why take away the quick access buttons on the ribbon for toggling open sidebar and preview it is so annoying. can i revert back to pathfinder 7?

1. 1 Posted by psychiatry on 03 Jun, 2018 03:03 PM

You can still use PathFinder 7.

In PathFinder 8, THERE IS NO SHOW SIDEBAR MENU ITEM in the View Menu. So if you want to hide the sidebar then show it again you have to go through very CLUNKY STEPS:

A) Go to the Window menu.
    B) Select Modules
    C) You may have to scroll around the Modules window a bit - wasting your time.
    D) Find and select the Sidebar module
    E) Drag the Sidebar module to the sidebar location of the window.
    F) Click the ratched icon of the Sidebar to popup the Sidebar Preferences
    G) **Click on popup menu button
    at the bottom of the Sidebar Preferences
    H) Select the custom sidebar you want to reset the sidebar contents.

This use to be a one step process of selecting Show Sidebar in the View Menu.

LINK: https://i.imgur.com/93KKMyl.png

INLINE IMAGE: Pathfinder Custom Sidebars

2. 2 Posted by franctastic on 03 Jun, 2018 03:54 PM

I'm very disappointed with PF8, it's a disaster, a new version to make money....

3. 3 Posted by psychiatry on 03 Jun, 2018 04:07 PM

Yes, Cocoatech has made mistakes in the new version of PathFinder

But it would be unfair to link it to making a living.

Programmers always come up with new updated versions to make a living. Otherwise, they wouldn't be able to develop new versions in the first place.

Obviously, some developers force their users to obtain a subscription to their software. So the customers then would always be paying the developers. With that scenario, you couldn't accuse Cocotech of making a new version to make money since you would be paying them at all times anyway.

So don't tempt them. Have patience that they will correct some of their mistakes.

4. 4 Posted by franctastic on 03 Jun, 2018 04:14 PM

is in Beta version, but they have charged us as if it were Final version,
    and while, we do the work for free, with all the problems and loss of time that PF8 Beta produces

5. 5 Posted by ecpht on 03 Jun, 2018 04:17 PM

I've been a PF user since V6 at least - and it was my pestering that helped lead to the implementation of the auto resize feature.

I wasn't able to beta test v8 this time due to time constraints but after installing v8 on one of my computers, I cannot continue with it, I will be reverting to v7.
    I'm not sure of what's going on behind the scenes but whatever happened to PF will need to be fixed. There are a lot of long time users who depend on specific features and usability of PF and we cannot work like this. We use PF because we do not like Apple adding unnecessary features and removing vital ones.

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 03 Jun, 2018 07:09 PM.

7. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 03 Jun, 2018 07:09 PM

8. 6 Posted by Jonathan Harley on 13 Jun, 2018 08:22 PM

Because I use different versions of InDesign, I need to be able to drag documents onto their relevant processes icon. This worked in Pathfinder 7, but doesn't in Pathfinder 8, which makes it unusable for me.

9. 7 Posted by Konrad on 14 Jun, 2018 08:32 AM

Where are "Favorites"????

10. 8 Posted by psychiatry on 14 Jun, 2018 10:54 AM

You have to rebuild the favorites folder list manually. Apple removed the API that allows synchronization with Finder that PathFinder 7 had.

You cannot use Aliases or Symbolic links like in PathFinder 7 (hopefully this is added back soon).

11. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 15 Jun, 2018 02:28 PM.

12. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 15 Jun, 2018 02:28 PM

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac