PF8 Doesn't save favorites in Sidebar

James Hoyt

31 May, 2018 10:21 PM

Any favorites I make, mainly folders on my secondary drive, just vanish, sometimes when just making a new window. This is hard to duplicate.

Version 8.0 (1859)
Mac OS 10.12.6
3.43 GHz Intel Core i5
25 GBs of RAM (DDR3)

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by webregnet on 15 Sep, 2018 04:46 AM

Dont't waste your time writing here, it's useless :-(
    Uninstall PF8 and get back to PF7 or forget about it ;-P

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 15 Sep, 2018 02:54 PM.

3. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 15 Sep, 2018 02:54 PM

4. 32 Posted by leon_starr on 16 Sep, 2018 12:06 PM

Well, I finally got tired of wrestling with Pathfinder 8 and the whole coreservicesd issue and the sidebar problem and, most importantly, the almost total lack of customer support. So I downloaded Forklift 3. Sure, I would have preferred a functional Pathfinder as I've been using it since the beginning, but it's clearly time to move on. FL3 is lean, has a clean design, saves my favorites just fine in the sidebar, quality online documentation and they even have a smiley face in the tool bar to get customer feedback. It was fun while it lasted. So I'm uninstalling the whole mess and I'm outta here!

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 16 Sep, 2018 02:19 PM.

6. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 16 Sep, 2018 02:19 PM

7. 33 Posted by jimcamel on 16 Sep, 2018 02:43 PM

I too have the missing Favourites issue - and reported it in PF 8.0.xxx

Can we get some idea of when this will be addressed - as it is very frustrating. PF 8.1 crashes way more frequently than 7...and each time I have to start all the browser windows up and set them up again.....really breaks concentration.

8. 34 Posted by dmwesq on 16 Sep, 2018 06:55 PM

So sad to read all these comments. I had inquired if the memory leak from PF7 was fixed in PF8, and the response I got was it was best to try it on my own machine. Based upon what I read here I would not gamble with that upgrade, and I'm certainly not paying for it to have more headaches. Time to look for other alternatives - I guess I'll look at Forklift but my initial glance at FL doesn't actually impress me when I look at my workflow under PF7.

9. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 16 Sep, 2018 09:06 PM.

10. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 16 Sep, 2018 09:06 PM

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac